- One bag Tyson any’tizers frozen Popcorn Chicken (25.5 oz)
- Package Fresh Mozzerella “Pearls” (I used Delesso available at Walmart)
- 1 8 oz can tomoto sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomoto paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Herb De Provence (don’t be afraid this is just French “Italian” seasoning blend, there is tarragon, margaram, thyme, parsley.) Add a dash of S&P or a pinch of sugar if you like it sweet.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wilton Candy sized paper cups
I tried making my own ground chicken balls–it was missing that crunch! I went to a few brands of popcorn chicken. Some where mushy, some bland. The Tyson Anytime Appiteasers were really the best for taste, texture, price. There are about 50 in a bag. I also got the Delesso Mozzerella “Pearls” and there just happened to be 50 in a oz package. Place your sauce in a large bowl (like you would coat chicken wings). Bake or deep fry your Popcorn Chicken and toss while warm in the sauce. Inside each paper cup I put between 1/8 and 1/4 tsp of grated Parm-it is a good “mop” for the extra sauce and gives a nice nutty, salty layer to the sweet tomato and creamy Mozzerella. Poke your Cheese, (Psst tip time-you can do this ahead and refridgerate so you have less to do at party time-or enlist some help!) Poke your Chicken and set in the cups. Boys and I made the flags-Toothpick-construction paper and a glue stick!