I had this crazy notion before my first baby came that sometime between labor and delivery I would receive this perfect wisdom about my children and be, in fact, the perfect mother. Well, hahahahahahahahah! Boy, was I wrong! This is such a learning process! I think some days I learn more than I teach. The best advice I ever got from my Mom was “Keep trying til you find something that works!”
Last weekend my family was here for Easter weekend. We had an Easter Egg Hunt. This is what I learned.
- Do fill eggs with wrapped candy–one or more kid will spill their bag and candy.
- Don’t hide eggs on an icy pine needle covered hill-side.
- Do write names or initials on each egg so the one fast kid doesn’t get them all.
- Don’t wear anything nice-cause if there is mud, slime,dirt or poo–at least one kid will fall in it.
- Do “hide” them in plain sight–Kid’s can’t see anything when they are looking for it.
- Don’t make more than 10 or so eggs per kid–they are lazy and give up!
- Do enjoy the wonder when you see it.
- Don’t yell–this is fun..err right?
What is the best advice you ever got?