Unlike my sister and perhaps more like the rest of us out there I use canned pumpkin when I need some cooked pumpkin.
I’m not about to buy a pumpkin, roast it and purée it for the cup I needed in this cake recipe.
I don’t even feel bad about it.
I’d rather spend my time decorating for Fall.
So today I did both.
3 Large Eggs
Large Can O Pumpkin Puree
1 Golden Butter Cake Mix
12oz Evaporated Milk
1 2 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Sugar
4 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
3/4 Cup of Butter
1 cup of Toasted Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and evaporated milk.
- Add melted butter, salt, pumpkin pie spice and canned pumpkin; mix to combine.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts after you’ve toasted them in your preheated oven for 10 mins or so.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick remains clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cake can be served warm or chilled.
I topped it with a dollop of vanilla frosting and some more of those crunchy, salty walnuts
The cake is huge and dense, it can feed like 100 diabetics or 12 folks that have all sweet teeth.
Then I sat down at the dining room table with a cup of joe, a piece of cake and enjoyed the view.