After a long afternoon of putting things on lay away. Which I kind of like. The store hides the gifts and I make payments until the 13th of December. We got home, paid the sitter, tucked the girls into bed and in 12 minutes I whipped up an intimate comfort food esque dinner. I even lit a candle!
Garden Rotini – half the box, boil 11 mins for a perfect Al dente
Basil pesto that I made at the end of summer and froze. You can buy a little jar in the pasta aisle.
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Pine nuts, I should have toasted them
Crushed red pepper, Salt & Pepper (this plus garlic powder should be my “house” seasoning)
We ate out of the same bowl. I was thinking Lady and the Tramp, He thought it was to save on dishes.
PS. Here’s the basil pesto recipe.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Throw it all into the blender and pour the olive oil in.